Free SMS and HLR Lookup
Why you should care about selecting Free SMS services?
- SMS Free SMS
- Free SMS to UK
- SMS Free Free SMS
- Free SMS Messaging
Mobile Operators and SMS Aggregators
SMS Network Coverage
- Mobile Number Portability Correction. To ensure SMS reaches the correct destination you need to know which operator any number belongs. If you don't correct for number portability, the results can be unpredictable. Mobile Operators can terminate offnet SMS (SMS sent to numbers not in their network) and charge an extra fee. Other Mobile Operators and Aggregators will reject the traffic, and some will simply ignore the message.
- SMS Anti-Spam Checking. Some aggregators don't check their traffic for SPAM, The following post describes HLR Lookup is abused to generate SMS Spam. In such cases, they risk being cut off by the provider who is handling their outbound traffic.
- No Contractual Permission. Some aggregators don't have contractual permission to terminate SMS. Instead they exploit vulnerabilities in the complex network of connections in order to get traffic delivered in some cases free of charge. Sounds great doesn't it. At some point though that vulnerability will be spotted and the loophole closed down. The following post describes how HLR Lookup is a primary cause of SMS Fraud.
Back to the question, why should you care about Free SMS, or for that matter Low-cost SMS?I hope you got a feeling for the complexity of the network required to deliver SMS. The good companies, most have been around for 10 years or more, have lots of experience and tools that enable them to manage cost and quality. Less mature providers, and dare I say rogue providers, will not have all of the tools and experience and may exploit network vulnerabilities. The results could be:
- Your aggregator is cut-off because they are abusing network vulnerabilities. You've paid your money and the messages never got delivered and the company has then disappeared.
- Your provider has used your number list to send out their own SPAM.
- You get a great deal one week from your supplier but the next week they cannot provide you with coverage, so you have to find a more reliable supplier.
- Your traffic is delivered via a SIM Farm. These are not direct connections which some providers claim, in most cases the provider is committing fraud. The post describes other cases of SMS Fraud and Security
Return to HLR Lookup home page